Our teaching method of the italian language has a humanistic and communicative approach.
We aim at involving our students in real-life moments in Italy, not situations artificially created for tourists. Our teachers are all italian native speakers with Humanities Degrees, and they are specialized in teaching Italian to foreigners.
Only Italian is spoken from the very first lesson.
We want our students to communicate in Italian right from the beginning, to engage in simple conversations and hold dialogues with others.
Our interactive lessons allow students to apply the newly learned words regularly. We focus particularly on four skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
The grammar and conversation hours aim at strengthening these skills, while regular writing practice will deepen your knowledge of Italian grammar.
A limit of 10 students ensures the courses of highest quality.
Our method is based on the Common European Framework, created by the Council of Europe Language Learning for European Citizenship, which implies six levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2.
With our high quality italian courses students will be able to sit for exams in the best Italian universities. Our school issues three kinds of certificates:
Certificate of Attendance: An attendance certificate issued at the end of the italian course.
Certificate of Italian Linguistic Autonomy: Issued for the third (B1) and fourth (B2) level.
Certificate of Italian Language Proficiency: Issued for the fifth (C1) and sixth (C2) level.
We also assist students in preparation for the CILS exam and provide them with all the needed guidance to sit for exams in the nearest location, be it Rome or any other Italian city.
A - Basic User
A1 - Breakthrough or beginner
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask an answer question about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
A2 - Waystage or elementary
B - Indipendent User
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requering a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
B1 - Intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
B2 - Upper Intermediate
C - Proficient User
- Can undertsand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in His/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain of either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
C1 - Advanced or Effective Operational Proficiency
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obviuos searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
C2 - Mastery of proficiency
- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.
Our teachers have selected textbooks based on their own professional teaching experience of Italian language for foreign.
After evaluating different proposals from the best publishing houses, the following have been selected:
Established in 1883, Guerra Edizioni publishes some of the most popular Italian books for foreigners, in cooperation with many universities and Institutes of Italian Culture. The catalogue includes more than 500 titles.
They have published more than 100 textbooks since 1962. The books range from grammar lessons, language courses, audiovisual, anthologies and various books about Italian music and cuisine.